Center for Agriculture and Food Policy
Each year CAFP seeks to competitively enroll a number of recent graduates at Bachelor and Masters Level as well as students undergoing PhD studies in relevant fields for a 6 to 12 month internship programme. The Internship Programme offers eligible applicants the opportunity to acquire direct hands-on experience in agricultural policy research and outreach, programme management, bid writing, writing for development, infographics and documentary development production, surveys design, making effective presentations etc. The interns will be based at CAFP’s Head Office in Harare, Zimbabwe.
To be considered for the internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a Bachelors or a Master’s degree the within the past two years from reputable universities in any of the following areas: Agricultural Economics, Economics, Environmental Economics, Development Finance, Rural Development, Gender, Nutrition, Geographic Information Systems, Communication and Media Studies, or related field;
- Doctoral students from reputable Universities wishing to undertake their policy research under one of CAFP’s thematic areas.
- Have excellent academic record as demonstrated by university records;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Highly organised, committed to work and self-motivated; and,
- Ability to work full-time for the full 6-months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Interns will have an opportunity to experience what it takes to work with a leading agricultural and food policy think tank.
Depending on the academic background and/or interests, the intern will be placed in any of our three departments, Research, Outreach and Capacity Building; Business Development and Innovation and/or Finance and Administration. The internship programme will be structured in such a manner that each recipient fully understands the project cycle through interfacing with various CAFP staff and experts as well as taking part in all in-house CAFP capacity building programmes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should check our Jobs/Vacancies page for available openings
CAFP is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of gender; age; ethnic, national or social origin; religion or belief; sexual orientation; disability; political opinion; social or economic condition or health.
For more information or questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org